The Utah State Board of Education will hold a study session, meeting acting as the governing board of the Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind, and its committee meetings on Thursday, April 14 and its full Board meeting on Friday, April 15 at the Utah State Office of Education, 250 E. 500 South, Salt Lake City. The complete agenda along with more information about agenda items can be found here. All meetings will be streamed live here. Shortly after the end of Friday’s meeting a summary of major action taken by the Board will be posted.
Highlights of the Board meeting include:
- A review of a correction made in the Enhancement for At Risk Students Formula and data.
- Investigation of a legislative change in the career and technical education add-on weighted-pupil unit (WPU) value.
- A review of WPU calculation changes.
- Potential release of draft secondary school studies core standards for 90-day public review.
- Discussion and potential action on Gov. Gary Herbert’s line-item vetoes.
- A meeting with the State Charter School Board.
- Discussion of SAGE item development and SAGE Writing and ACT Writing assessments.
View the complete Board agenda.