Name of organization: Utah Special Education Advisory Panel (USEAP)
Date Posted: 6/26/17
Date nominations are due to Board Secretary: 7/10/17
Brief background of what the organization does and the reference in statute or rule establishing the organization:
- Advise the USBE of unmet needs within the State in the education of students with disabilities.
- Comment publicly on any rules or regulations proposed for issuance by the State regarding the education of students with disabilities.
- Advise the USBE in developing evaluations and reporting on data to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education under Section 618 of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Advise the USBE in developing corrective action plans to address findings identified in Federal monitoring reports under Part B of the IDEA.
- Advise the USBE in developing and implementing policies relating to the coordination of services for students with disabilities.
- Review and comment on completed due process hearing findings.
- Utah State Board of Education Resolution No. 2016-03
Who the group advises: The Utah State Board of Education
Number vacancies: 1
Specific representation needed for each vacancy and terms of appointment:
- Homeless Education Administration: 1 vacancy, 3-year term
Person(s) currently in the positions open for vacancy and their representation: Vacant
Meetings (specific dates or how often the group meets, where, and for how long): The panel meets five times a year for one day at a time from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm in Salt Lake City.
Contact for questions: Emily Nordfelt, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-538-7757
Nomination and Bio Submission: If you are interested in serving on this organization, please fill out the attached application and submit it with a brief bio or resume to Lorraine Austin at email@example.com.
Utah State Board of Education
Advisory Committee Application Form
Please briefly answer the following questions and send the application, your resume or bio, and any accompanying information to Board Secretary Lorraine Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Contact information
c. Mailing address:
3. What qualifies you for the advertised position?
4. Why do you want to serve on this committee?