The Utah State Board of Education voted April 10, 2015, to release the 6-8 Utah Science and Engineering Education (SEEd) standards for a 90-day public review, which ends at 5 p.m. July 10. All members of the public are invited to view the standards and provide feedback.
Provide feedback using this online survey tool.
Additionally, five public meetings will be conducted throughout the state over the next 90 days. Those meetings, which all start at 7 p.m., will be:
- Thursday, April 23: Washington School District Office Board Room, 121 Tabernacle St., St. George, UT 84770 (Enter through front side doors)
- Tuesday, April 28: Uintah School District Office Board Room, 635 West 200 South, Vernal, UT 84078
- Wednesday, May 6: Provo School District District Office, 280 West 940 North, Provo, Utah, 84604
- Wednesday, May 13: Cache County School District Office, 2063 North 1200 East, North Logan, UT 84341
- Tuesday, May 19: Salt Lake Center for Science Education Media Center, 1400 Goodwin Ave., Salt Lake City Utah, UT 84116
Following the 90-day review period, revisions will be made based on feedback, and the new draft standards will be presented to the Utah State Board of Education for final adoption. If final drafts of the standards are approved, they will be fully implemented throughout state 6-8 grade science classes starting in the 2017-18 school year.